As flash flooding warnings are issued across the United Kingdom, our ServiceMaster Restore businesses are on call to help in our customers hours of need.
Flooding creates a busy time for our business owners. Often flood jobs are the longest jobs to complete with many stages of work to be completed before it is safe for the customer to reenter their home, or reopen their business. This makes lucrative work for our franchise owners as jobs requiring the most work and time, demand the highest ticket prices.
What’s involved in a flood job?
- First inspection. This can often involve tracing the route cause of an escape of water, or if weather related flooding, how to protect the home from further damage before a restoration plan is formed
- Once the property stops receiving a continuous flood of water, the removal process can begin. This is where the decision is made to remove and dispose, or remove and restore items within the property
- When the property is cleared, the drying process can begin. This is generally a long process, whereby kit can often be left to dry the property out, with regular checks along the way
- After the property is completely dry, there may be other items that cannot be dried effectively and will need to be stripped out and replaced as part of the restoration
- Once the above has been decided, the property will need a thorough deep clean ahead of any remedial works
- After remedial works are completed, cosmetic works can begin to bring the property back to its pre-flood state
- Once it looks cosmetically back to normal, items removed from the property can now be brought back in after they have been restored or replaced
- Upon competition, the customer will sign off the work and normality is resumed
Due to the length of time these jobs take, it’s possible to have many of these jobs going at once. This is because they’ll require a check in at different times and this can be accommodated.
More importantly, being recognised a business who can help customers in their hour of need is essential. Our established global brand helps towards this and can help you to be the name recognised as the ones to call should disaster strike.
For more information on this disaster restoration franchise opportunity, speak to our franchise sales team on 0116 275 9005 or email@example.com